Phantom Adds Support for Bitcoin, Ordinals, and BRC-20 Tokens
- Originally a Solana wallet, Phantom, developed by Ethereum creators, now supports Bitcoin, Ordinals, and BRC-20 tokens.
- The new feature is in beta, offering users a 100% opt-in choice to trade and transfer various cryptocurrencies.
- Phantom’s move aligns with its belief in cross-chain interoperability, demonstrated by prior support for Ethereum and Polygon blockchains.
- Launched in 2021, Phantom garnered over 3 million users within a year and secured $109 million in Series B financing in 2022.
- Phantom’s strategic expansions position it as a versatile and forward-thinking cryptocurrency wallet in an ever-evolving blockchain landscape.
Phantom, originally conceived as a Solana wallet by Ethereum developers, is making waves in the cryptocurrency sphere with its latest announcement.
The wallet has unveiled its new feature allowing users to seamlessly trade and transfer Bitcoin, Ordinals, and BRC-20 tokens, a move that marks Phantom’s continued evolution into a versatile multichain platform.
A Leap Towards Multichain Flexibility
Phantom’s journey into supporting a diverse range of chains has been steadily progressing.
The recent announcement showcases the wallet’s commitment to offering users more choices.
In a post on X, Phantom emphasized the voluntary nature of this new functionality, stating, “The wallet’s new optionality is currently in beta, so it’s 100% opt-in.”
This approach reflects Phantom’s dedication to providing users with flexibility and control over their digital asset management.
“Without Bitcoin, there’d be no Solana, Ethereum, or web3. And for that, we’re forever grateful for Bitcoin and thrilled to launch it (in ₿eta) on Phantom,” the post further affirmed.
Cross-Chain Vision: Ethereum and Polygon Support
Phantom’s expansion into multichain capabilities began with the addition of support for the Ethereum and Polygon blockchains. Brandon Millman, co-founder and CEO of Phantom, highlighted this strategic move, stating, “We believe that the future of digital asset management lies in cross-chain interoperability.”
This vision positions Phantom as a key player in the evolving landscape of blockchain technology.
From Wallet Launch to Series B Funding
Since its launch in 2021, Phantom has rapidly gained popularity, boasting over 3 million active users as of a year ago.
Originally developed by Ethereum developers, the wallet offers a browser extension for accessing decentralized finance applications, contributing to its widespread adoption.
This growth was further underscored by Phantom’s successful Series B financing round in early 2022, where it raised an impressive $109 million.
“Phantom’s success in fundraising reflects not only its popularity but also the confidence of leading investors,” noted Brandon Millman, the co-founder and CEO.