DeLabs’ NFT Migration: y00ts Moves from Polygon to Ethereum Mainnet
- NFT project y00ts is migrating from Solana to Ethereum mainnet, aligning with the DeGods collection
- The migration surprised the community, as y00ts had previously shifted from Solana to Polygon
- DeLabs founder Rohun “Frank” Vora mentioned that being on the same chain as DeGods makes sense for y00ts
- Polygon Labs provided a $3 million grant for y00ts’ transition from Solana, which will now be returned as y00ts moves to Ethereum
- The return of the grant includes allocating $1 million to support Polygon-native builders and creators, aiming to foster ecosystem growth
The world of cryptocurrency and blockchain continues to evolve, and DeLabs’ NFT profile picture (PFP) project, y00ts, is no exception.
After making its initial migration from Solana to Polygon earlier this year, y00ts is now set to embark on another journey – this time, migrating to Ethereum mainnet.
This migration brings y00ts alongside the more prominent DeGods collection, a valuable PFP project that previously made the transition from Solana as well.
Migration Announcement and Surprise Move
The announcement of y00ts’ migration to Ethereum mainnet was unveiled just before the reveal of DeGods’ “Season 3” content.
This move took the community by surprise, given the buzz surrounding y00ts’ initial shift from Solana.
“Polygon Labs has been a truly incredible partner for y00ts,” said DeLabs founder Rohun “Frank” Vora, in a press release.
“But ultimately, we believe it makes the most sense for y00ts to be on the same chain as DeGods.”
Returning the Grant to Polygon Labs
Polygon Labs played a crucial role in y00ts’ transition from Solana by providing a $3 million grant.
This grant was intended to support the expansion of the DeLabs team and foster the growth of other Polygon projects.
2. We're returning 100% of the grant provided by Polygon.— y00ts (@y00tsNFT) August 9, 2023
The funds will be re-deployed for NFT ecosystem growth to empower builders and creators.
We still love Polygon. It's just time to unite the DeGods & y00ts communities.
However, with y00ts migrating to Ethereum mainnet, DeLabs has decided to return the entire grant to Polygon Labs as it departs from the Polygon ecosystem.
A noteworthy aspect of this return is that $1 million of the grant will be allocated towards supporting “Polygon-native builders and creators”.
Bridging Communities and Positive Reactions
“We tried our best to make it work, but we just need to bring our two communities together,” Frank added in a tweet.
“I would appreciate it if everyone remains respectful of all parties involved. It’s all love.”
The migration of y00ts to Ethereum mainnet marks a significant step in the NFT and blockchain landscape, uniting two dynamic communities and contributing to the continued evolution of this innovative space.
The market also responded positively to the news, with the floor price of y00ts NFTs on the OpenSea marketplace experiencing an increase shortly after the migration announcement.
*Stay informed about the latest developments in the crypto world with XGA, your go-to source for up-to-date crypto news. Subscribe to our newsletter and join our community to stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of cryptocurrency.