Blockchain Meets Music In Isekai Studio's New Game, Star Symphony
Malaysia-based gaming firm, Isekai Studio announced the release of its highly anticipated rhythm game, “Star Symphony”, featuring integrated blockchain technology. The company hosted the “New Frontier of Rhythm Games” event on April 17 at DADI Cinema, Pavilion KL to give a sneak peek of their game to industry experts, gamers, and notable influencers.
What is “Star Symphony”?
“Star Symphony” is a collaborative game building ecosystem that empowers creators, including music producers, artists, and developers, to co-create a master IP:
- Music producers can submit their music to be part of the game and earn a clear revenue share on profits generated by their music.
- Artists can create new characters that will be filtered by the team and voted on by the community to enter into the Gacha system in the upcoming seasons, earning a revenue share every time their character is Gacha-ed.
- Animators and story writers can contribute their time and work to completed quests listed by the team, while gamers and collectors serve as marketing advocates to reach out to more people.
- Players can participate in peer-to-peer trading, collect rare digital assets, and earn digital tokens to enhance their progress in the game.
One of the key features of “Star Symphony” is that it allows players to discover new music. The game also offers players an immersive experience with unique features such as a spell system, strategic gameplay, and a blockchain-based gaming ecosystem that provides players with complete ownership and control over their assets.
Its first product, “The Rhythm Battler”, combines elements from popular games such as Guitar Hero, Mario Kart, and Genshin Impact, where players collect unique characters, discover new music, and battle their way to become the ultimate Star Guardian.
“Star Symphony” appeals to a variety of players, including collectors, simps, and those who enjoy interesting lores, with casual, competitive, and party gaming modes.
The Elders Table
The Elders Table in Star Symphony’s Inner Court consists of four prominent individuals who serve as advisors to the game’s creators:
- Kai Huang, co-founder and co-creator of Guitar Hero, provides expertise in gameplay, music rights, and approach, with a track record of making over 1 billion USD in the game’s first year with a capital of less than 2 million USD.
- John Yao, CEO and co-founder of Team Secret, provides insight on esports narratives, expectations, and monetization.
- Rachid Belrihti, Head of Marketing at The Sandbox with over 10 years of experience in the gaming industry, brings his expertise in traditional and Web3 marketing for the masses.
- Harpreet Singh, Founder of Blocklime, a prominent blockchain development company that has been servicing clients since 2017, advises on all blockchain matters.
Benefits of the Elder Pass
Previously, Star Symphony successfully sold out its presale Elder Pass NFTs, oversubscribed by 56% with participation from industry thought leaders like Keungz, Rumjahn, and PGodjiraz (Shan). The Elder Pass Presale had a total supply of 888 NFTs, priced at 0.15 ETH each, with a vesting period of three months.
Elder Pass holders receive several benefits, including a minimum of four airdrops, marketing rewards, and early access to the Alpha version of the game. Airdrops are free tokens distributed to holders of a particular cryptocurrency, and marketing rewards that include NFTs and other exclusive in-game items. Additionally, the pass offers holders the ability to participate in community decision-making and governance, providing a voice in shaping the game’s future.
Star Symphony plans to launch in the next half of 2023, with the public mint coming to OpenSea on May 9.